Punjab Cong to expose SAD-BJP govt: Bajwa
Moga: Punjab Congress Chief Partap Singh Bajwa on Saturday said the SAD-BJP government is misleading people by claiming that the state budget was tax free.
"The state government`s budget for 2013-14 was not tax free as declared by Punjab government.
"Rather the SAD-BJP government has imposed taxes to the tune of Rs 3,000 crore on people. We will expose the same by issuing a white paper in this regard," said Bajwa here.
Bajwa said he will soon meet Finance Minister P Chidambaram on state`s "weak" financial position and demand a special package for Punjab.
Bajwa was also critical of the increase in power tariff and said that the hike in electricity rates would put a financial burden of Rs 1,800 crore on the people.
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai believes mobile phone has become the remote control for daily lives
- Sharing Twitter posts can hamper your memory!