Punjab Cong to expose SAD-BJP govt: Bajwa
Moga: Punjab Congress Chief Partap Singh Bajwa on Saturday said the SAD-BJP government is misleading people by claiming that the state budget was tax free.
"The state government`s budget for 2013-14 was not tax free as declared by Punjab government.
"Rather the SAD-BJP government has imposed taxes to the tune of Rs 3,000 crore on people. We will expose the same by issuing a white paper in this regard," said Bajwa here.
Bajwa said he will soon meet Finance Minister P Chidambaram on state`s "weak" financial position and demand a special package for Punjab.
Bajwa was also critical of the increase in power tariff and said that the hike in electricity rates would put a financial burden of Rs 1,800 crore on the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon