Punjab Cong to expose SAD-BJP govt: Bajwa
Moga: Punjab Congress Chief Partap Singh Bajwa on Saturday said the SAD-BJP government is misleading people by claiming that the state budget was tax free.
"The state government`s budget for 2013-14 was not tax free as declared by Punjab government.
"Rather the SAD-BJP government has imposed taxes to the tune of Rs 3,000 crore on people. We will expose the same by issuing a white paper in this regard," said Bajwa here.
Bajwa said he will soon meet Finance Minister P Chidambaram on state`s "weak" financial position and demand a special package for Punjab.
Bajwa was also critical of the increase in power tariff and said that the hike in electricity rates would put a financial burden of Rs 1,800 crore on the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling