Punjab Cong to expose SAD-BJP govt: Bajwa
Moga: Punjab Congress Chief Partap Singh Bajwa on Saturday said the SAD-BJP government is misleading people by claiming that the state budget was tax free.
"The state government`s budget for 2013-14 was not tax free as declared by Punjab government.
"Rather the SAD-BJP government has imposed taxes to the tune of Rs 3,000 crore on people. We will expose the same by issuing a white paper in this regard," said Bajwa here.
Bajwa said he will soon meet Finance Minister P Chidambaram on state`s "weak" financial position and demand a special package for Punjab.
Bajwa was also critical of the increase in power tariff and said that the hike in electricity rates would put a financial burden of Rs 1,800 crore on the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef