Punjab Cong to expose SAD-BJP govt: Bajwa
Moga: Punjab Congress Chief Partap Singh Bajwa on Saturday said the SAD-BJP government is misleading people by claiming that the state budget was tax free.
"The state government`s budget for 2013-14 was not tax free as declared by Punjab government.
"Rather the SAD-BJP government has imposed taxes to the tune of Rs 3,000 crore on people. We will expose the same by issuing a white paper in this regard," said Bajwa here.
Bajwa said he will soon meet Finance Minister P Chidambaram on state`s "weak" financial position and demand a special package for Punjab.
Bajwa was also critical of the increase in power tariff and said that the hike in electricity rates would put a financial burden of Rs 1,800 crore on the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace