Punjab Govt decision to organize NRI conclave welc
Washington: Punjabi community in the US has welcomed the decision of Punjab government to hold a three day NRI conclave next January.
In a statement, the North American Punjabi Association (NAPA) has urged the Punjab government to invite overseas Punjabi community members who had problems and issues in their back home or who want to invest in Punjab.
A large number of non resident Punjabis are expected to attend the three day NRI Conclave beginning January 3.
Satnam Singh Chahal, president, NAPA said, "Punjab government should satisfy the NRI Punjabi community that their lives and properties are secured in Punjab and this kind of assurance will help to attract the overseas Punjabi community to invest in Punjab."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed