Punjab Govt rectifies accident-prone places
Chandigarh: Taking effective steps to reduce the road accidents in the state, the Punjab government set right almost five dozens of accidents prone places and made adequate changes to ensure smooth clear roads and clear sign posts.
Disclosing this here today, Chairman of Punjab State Road Safety Council and Transport minister Ajit Singh Kohar said that the state government have identified four hundred accidents prone places with the cooperation of different departments and almost 60 such places had been rectified.
He said that work for the detachment of other places was underway.
Kohar said that nearly 3500 people are losing their lives due to accidents in Punjab in a year leading to huge revenue loss.
The minister claimed that the maximum accidents were taking place due to consumption of liquor during driving, usage of mobile phones, overloading, stray animals and also due to unmanned crossings.
Emphasising on the need of effective and sincere implementation of road safety norms and traffic rules, Kohar said that the Punjab government have initiated various awareness campaigns to prevent the accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy