Punjab govt starts placement portal for students
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government on Tuesday started a `placement portal` for the benefit of students of various ITIs, polytechnic and engineering colleges in the state to provide more employment opportunities to students.
"The portal would provide information about the alumni, their achievements, career services, alumni facilities, seminars and guest lectures/workshops and the trade wise positions available in industries," principal secretary, Technical Education Department, S S Channi said here.
Channi said that to motivate more alumnus to join this portal and for their working as brand ambassadors, awards for the `alumni of the year` and `legend alumni` would be introduced in due course of time.
He said that it has been mandatory for all the technical educational institutions to upload all the information about the admission and placement of students.
The principal secretary said that with the launch of this portal, it would become easy for department to collect the information about the placed students as well as the job seekers studying in all technical educational government institutions.
The funds sanctioned under this project are Rs 60 crore at the moment and are likely to be increased further in the coming period, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'