Punjab steps up drive against illegal mining; 24 more FIRs
Chandigarh: Stepping up its drive against illegal mining, the Punjab government has registered 24 more FIRs during the last three days.
Over 30 vehicles were also impounded, a spokesman said, adding that total number of FIRs in last one week has touched to 53.
The industry department was continuing with stringent action against illegal miners, the spokesman said.
District-wise details of FIRs registered are Pathankot (8) Amritsar (2), Ferozpur (2), Jalandhar (2), Kapurthala (2), Ludhiana (2) Moga (2) and Fazilka (1), Batala (1), Bathinda (1), Hoshiarpur (1).
Pathankot district has turned out to be the worst affected area with 8 FIR`s in the last three days and in total 12 FIR`s have been lodged in this district in the last one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'