Punjab steps up drive against illegal mining; 24 more FIRs
Chandigarh: Stepping up its drive against illegal mining, the Punjab government has registered 24 more FIRs during the last three days.
Over 30 vehicles were also impounded, a spokesman said, adding that total number of FIRs in last one week has touched to 53.
The industry department was continuing with stringent action against illegal miners, the spokesman said.
District-wise details of FIRs registered are Pathankot (8) Amritsar (2), Ferozpur (2), Jalandhar (2), Kapurthala (2), Ludhiana (2) Moga (2) and Fazilka (1), Batala (1), Bathinda (1), Hoshiarpur (1).
Pathankot district has turned out to be the worst affected area with 8 FIR`s in the last three days and in total 12 FIR`s have been lodged in this district in the last one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India