Punjab takes measures to check prices of essential commodities
Chandigarh: A committee formed by the Punjab government to check the prices of essential commodities today said raids will be conducted to stop hoarding of items including onion and potatoes.
The committee decided at a meeting today to raid crucial locations to check the hoarding of the essential commodities, a government spokesman said.
He said the upper limit of stock of onion and potato which can be stored by retailer or wholesalers would be fixed in the next meeting of the committee.
Economic and Statistics Organisation, Punjab has been instructed to file weekly report on every Wednesday about the prices of 22 essential commodities at district headquarters, the spokesman said.
Similarly, the Food and Civil Supply department has been asked to furnish the retail prices of the essential commodities in cities included Khanna, Mandi Gobindgarh and Batala on daily bases.
Punjab Mandi Board has also been directed to submit the wholesale prices of product other than essential commodities at the district headquarters.
He said that Food and Civil Supply department has been asked to report the position of the stock at district level.
Deputy Commissioners have been given the responsibility of keeping close tab at the stock of kerosene oil as well as its proper distributions.
The spokesman further said that Director, Agriculture has been invited as special nominee in the next meeting which has been fixed on July 7. He would report on the production of the essential food items in the state.
Similarly, Cane Commissioner and MD Sugarfed would report on the stock as well as production of the sugar. Director, Horticulture would report on the production of vegetables items. The Milkfed has been asked to report on production of milk in the next meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged