Punjab teacher suspended for being drunk on duty
Chandigarh: A lecturer at a girls` school in Punjab`s Moga district was on Wednesday suspended by Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka for allegedly remaining under the influence of alcohol while on duty.
Maluka, while on a surprise visit to the school as part of his inspection drive, was told by the staff that Biology lecturer Sukhwant Singh used to come to school under the influence of liquor, an official release said.
When the accused teacher came to know about the minister`s visit, he allegedly vanished from the campus after which the minister suspended him from duty, the release said.
Later, Maluka visited two more schools as part of his inspection of government schools, especially those situated in far-flung areas, it said.
In an informal interaction with reporters in Moga, Maluka resolved for zero tolerance towards any indiscipline in school campuses, and stressed upon the students to maintain order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij donates Rs 50 lakh to private games tournament organised by Dera Sacha Sauda, kicks up row
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- UP BJP to launch 'new voters registration programme'
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees