Punjab teacher suspended for being drunk on duty
Chandigarh: A lecturer at a girls` school in Punjab`s Moga district was on Wednesday suspended by Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka for allegedly remaining under the influence of alcohol while on duty.
Maluka, while on a surprise visit to the school as part of his inspection drive, was told by the staff that Biology lecturer Sukhwant Singh used to come to school under the influence of liquor, an official release said.
When the accused teacher came to know about the minister`s visit, he allegedly vanished from the campus after which the minister suspended him from duty, the release said.
Later, Maluka visited two more schools as part of his inspection of government schools, especially those situated in far-flung areas, it said.
In an informal interaction with reporters in Moga, Maluka resolved for zero tolerance towards any indiscipline in school campuses, and stressed upon the students to maintain order.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know