Punjab teacher suspended for being drunk on duty
Chandigarh: A lecturer at a girls` school in Punjab`s Moga district was on Wednesday suspended by Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka for allegedly remaining under the influence of alcohol while on duty.
Maluka, while on a surprise visit to the school as part of his inspection drive, was told by the staff that Biology lecturer Sukhwant Singh used to come to school under the influence of liquor, an official release said.
When the accused teacher came to know about the minister`s visit, he allegedly vanished from the campus after which the minister suspended him from duty, the release said.
Later, Maluka visited two more schools as part of his inspection of government schools, especially those situated in far-flung areas, it said.
In an informal interaction with reporters in Moga, Maluka resolved for zero tolerance towards any indiscipline in school campuses, and stressed upon the students to maintain order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi