Radical Sikhs celebrate Gurpurab
Amritsar: Sticking to the original version of
Nanakshahi calendar, radical Sikh groups on Thursday celebrated the
birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh.
The SGPC-managed gurdwaras celebrated the birth
anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh on December 31.
Radical Sikhs, including Dal Khalsa activists, gathered
at village Rajdhan, 35-km from here, and observed the day with
Addressing the gathering, the speakers urged the Akal
Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, to revert to
the original calendar.
Celebrating the Gurpurab, the Dal Khalsa activists vowed
to stick to the original version adopted by the Khalsa
community in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch