Radical Sikhs celebrate Gurpurab
Amritsar: Sticking to the original version of
Nanakshahi calendar, radical Sikh groups on Thursday celebrated the
birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh.
The SGPC-managed gurdwaras celebrated the birth
anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh on December 31.
Radical Sikhs, including Dal Khalsa activists, gathered
at village Rajdhan, 35-km from here, and observed the day with
Addressing the gathering, the speakers urged the Akal
Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, to revert to
the original calendar.
Celebrating the Gurpurab, the Dal Khalsa activists vowed
to stick to the original version adopted by the Khalsa
community in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range