Radical Sikhs celebrate Gurpurab
Amritsar: Sticking to the original version of
Nanakshahi calendar, radical Sikh groups on Thursday celebrated the
birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh.
The SGPC-managed gurdwaras celebrated the birth
anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh on December 31.
Radical Sikhs, including Dal Khalsa activists, gathered
at village Rajdhan, 35-km from here, and observed the day with
Addressing the gathering, the speakers urged the Akal
Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, to revert to
the original calendar.
Celebrating the Gurpurab, the Dal Khalsa activists vowed
to stick to the original version adopted by the Khalsa
community in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America