Rahul Gandhi conducting survey for Parliament seats: Amarinder
Patiala: The Congress is conducting a survey in Punjab and other parts of country for the forthcoming parliament elections, state party chief Amarinder Singh on Thursday said.
"Yes Rahul Gandhi (Congress General Secretary) has been conducting survey in the state along with other parts of the country," he told reporters near here.
He, however, said the Punjab Congress has nothing with the survey and it is being done by the AICC high command.
He did not elaborate much, only saying, "We would give our assessment and the Congress party would take final call for allotting party tickets, but it is too early as elections will be held after 18 months."
Replying to a question on Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s allegation that the Centre was interfering in the Sikh affairs, Singh, on the contrary, accused Badal of trying to meddle in the affairs of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Managing Committee, which was an elected body.
"Who is Badal to interfere in the DSGMC elections," he asked.
He also ridiculed the Badals for "not having faith in the state police force and having the security cover of central forces such as NSG and ITBP commandos".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre