Rahul Gandhi conducting survey for Parliament seats: Amarinder
Patiala: The Congress is conducting a survey in Punjab and other parts of country for the forthcoming parliament elections, state party chief Amarinder Singh on Thursday said.
"Yes Rahul Gandhi (Congress General Secretary) has been conducting survey in the state along with other parts of the country," he told reporters near here.
He, however, said the Punjab Congress has nothing with the survey and it is being done by the AICC high command.
He did not elaborate much, only saying, "We would give our assessment and the Congress party would take final call for allotting party tickets, but it is too early as elections will be held after 18 months."
Replying to a question on Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s allegation that the Centre was interfering in the Sikh affairs, Singh, on the contrary, accused Badal of trying to meddle in the affairs of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Managing Committee, which was an elected body.
"Who is Badal to interfere in the DSGMC elections," he asked.
He also ridiculed the Badals for "not having faith in the state police force and having the security cover of central forces such as NSG and ITBP commandos".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?