Rahul Gandhi conducting survey for Parliament seats: Amarinder
Patiala: The Congress is conducting a survey in Punjab and other parts of country for the forthcoming parliament elections, state party chief Amarinder Singh on Thursday said.
"Yes Rahul Gandhi (Congress General Secretary) has been conducting survey in the state along with other parts of the country," he told reporters near here.
He, however, said the Punjab Congress has nothing with the survey and it is being done by the AICC high command.
He did not elaborate much, only saying, "We would give our assessment and the Congress party would take final call for allotting party tickets, but it is too early as elections will be held after 18 months."
Replying to a question on Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s allegation that the Centre was interfering in the Sikh affairs, Singh, on the contrary, accused Badal of trying to meddle in the affairs of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Managing Committee, which was an elected body.
"Who is Badal to interfere in the DSGMC elections," he asked.
He also ridiculed the Badals for "not having faith in the state police force and having the security cover of central forces such as NSG and ITBP commandos".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference