Rail traffic resorted on Amritsar-Pathankot
Batala: The rail traffic on the Amritsar- Pathankot railway section of Firozepur division was resorted in the wee hours of Friday following assurance from DIG border Range for a high level probe into the suicide of a 55-year-old man here.
Parampal Singh Umranangal, DIG border Range assured the protesters to constitute a three member high level committee which included SSP Batala to ascertain the cause of the suicide.
Committee will give its report within 72 hours, he said.
Farman Masih (55), a resident of Khera village in Gurdaspur district allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train in Amritsar last night. His relatives alleged that Inspector Vidhaya Sagar used to harass him for money which led him to take the extreme step.
Protesters placed Masih`s body on the rail track demanding that Sagar, who is posted in Batala district, be booked on charge of abetting suicide.
The passengers of Jammu-Hatia TATA Morie Express were stranded at Batala railway station since 6 PM while trains from Amritsar to Pathankot were also standing on different railway stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say