Rail traffic resorted on Amritsar-Pathankot
Batala: The rail traffic on the Amritsar- Pathankot railway section of Firozepur division was resorted in the wee hours of Friday following assurance from DIG border Range for a high level probe into the suicide of a 55-year-old man here.
Parampal Singh Umranangal, DIG border Range assured the protesters to constitute a three member high level committee which included SSP Batala to ascertain the cause of the suicide.
Committee will give its report within 72 hours, he said.
Farman Masih (55), a resident of Khera village in Gurdaspur district allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train in Amritsar last night. His relatives alleged that Inspector Vidhaya Sagar used to harass him for money which led him to take the extreme step.
Protesters placed Masih`s body on the rail track demanding that Sagar, who is posted in Batala district, be booked on charge of abetting suicide.
The passengers of Jammu-Hatia TATA Morie Express were stranded at Batala railway station since 6 PM while trains from Amritsar to Pathankot were also standing on different railway stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB