Rail traffic resorted on Amritsar-Pathankot
Batala: The rail traffic on the Amritsar- Pathankot railway section of Firozepur division was resorted in the wee hours of Friday following assurance from DIG border Range for a high level probe into the suicide of a 55-year-old man here.
Parampal Singh Umranangal, DIG border Range assured the protesters to constitute a three member high level committee which included SSP Batala to ascertain the cause of the suicide.
Committee will give its report within 72 hours, he said.
Farman Masih (55), a resident of Khera village in Gurdaspur district allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train in Amritsar last night. His relatives alleged that Inspector Vidhaya Sagar used to harass him for money which led him to take the extreme step.
Protesters placed Masih`s body on the rail track demanding that Sagar, who is posted in Batala district, be booked on charge of abetting suicide.
The passengers of Jammu-Hatia TATA Morie Express were stranded at Batala railway station since 6 PM while trains from Amritsar to Pathankot were also standing on different railway stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read