Rains bring down temperature in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Overnight rains in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Friday led to a dip in the mercury in the region.
"The minimum temperature oscillated between minus three degrees Celsius below normal to four notches above normal in Punjab and Haryana," a MeT office said.
He added that there is a possibility of rains or thunder showers at some places in the region during next 24 hours.
Karnal was the coldest place in the plains of Punjab and Haryana with a low of six degrees Celsius, three notches below normal.
While Bhiwani settled at a low of 8.2 degrees Celsius, the minimum temperature at Narnaul was 9.3 degrees Celsius.
Patiala had a low of ten degrees Celsius whereas Hisar recorded 10.6 degrees Celsius, one notch above the normal.
Among other places, Amritsar had a low of 11 degrees Celsius, four notches above the normal. Ludhiana settled at 12.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal.
Minimum temperature in Ambala was 12.4 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal, while Chandigarh settled at 13.2 degrees Celsius which was four notches above normal.
Besides, Hisar received one mm of rains and Karnal 1.8 mm of rainfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report