Rains bring down temperature in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Overnight rains in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Friday led to a dip in the mercury in the region.
"The minimum temperature oscillated between minus three degrees Celsius below normal to four notches above normal in Punjab and Haryana," a MeT office said.
He added that there is a possibility of rains or thunder showers at some places in the region during next 24 hours.
Karnal was the coldest place in the plains of Punjab and Haryana with a low of six degrees Celsius, three notches below normal.
While Bhiwani settled at a low of 8.2 degrees Celsius, the minimum temperature at Narnaul was 9.3 degrees Celsius.
Patiala had a low of ten degrees Celsius whereas Hisar recorded 10.6 degrees Celsius, one notch above the normal.
Among other places, Amritsar had a low of 11 degrees Celsius, four notches above the normal. Ludhiana settled at 12.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal.
Minimum temperature in Ambala was 12.4 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal, while Chandigarh settled at 13.2 degrees Celsius which was four notches above normal.
Besides, Hisar received one mm of rains and Karnal 1.8 mm of rainfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed