Rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains lashed vast swathes of Punjab and Haryana for the second day on Sunday even as minimum temperature hovered above normal in the region.
Chandigarh witnessed an overcast sky and the city received 7 mm of rains last night with the minimum temperature settling at 11.4 degrees C, two notches above the normal, a MeT official here said.
As the wet spell continued in the region, which the MeT here attributed to a Western Disturbance (WD) that lay over Jammu and Kashmir and neighbourhood, most places in Haryana were lashed by rains.
Panchkula, Kalka, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Sonepat, Faridabad, Bhiwani, Narnaul and Panipat were among other places in Haryana to be lashed by rains.
Ambala recorded a minimum temperature of 11 degrees C, two notches above the normal.
Hisar`s low settled at 12.2 degrees C, also up by two degrees while Narnaul`s minimum was recorded at 12 degrees C, three notches above normal.
Bhiwani registered a low of 11.6 degrees C.
In Punjab, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala were lashed by heavy rains while moderate rains also lashed Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Pathankot, Madhopur, Shahpur Kandi belt, Phagwara and Mohali.
The minimum temperature at Amritsar settled at 10.2 degrees C, three degrees up while Ludhiana recorded a low of 11.6 degrees C, two notches above the normal.
Patiala registered a low of 11.5 degrees C, one degree above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter