Rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains lashed vast swathes of Punjab and Haryana for the second day on Sunday even as minimum temperature hovered above normal in the region.
Chandigarh witnessed an overcast sky and the city received 7 mm of rains last night with the minimum temperature settling at 11.4 degrees C, two notches above the normal, a MeT official here said.
As the wet spell continued in the region, which the MeT here attributed to a Western Disturbance (WD) that lay over Jammu and Kashmir and neighbourhood, most places in Haryana were lashed by rains.
Panchkula, Kalka, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Sonepat, Faridabad, Bhiwani, Narnaul and Panipat were among other places in Haryana to be lashed by rains.
Ambala recorded a minimum temperature of 11 degrees C, two notches above the normal.
Hisar`s low settled at 12.2 degrees C, also up by two degrees while Narnaul`s minimum was recorded at 12 degrees C, three notches above normal.
Bhiwani registered a low of 11.6 degrees C.
In Punjab, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala were lashed by heavy rains while moderate rains also lashed Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Pathankot, Madhopur, Shahpur Kandi belt, Phagwara and Mohali.
The minimum temperature at Amritsar settled at 10.2 degrees C, three degrees up while Ludhiana recorded a low of 11.6 degrees C, two notches above the normal.
Patiala registered a low of 11.5 degrees C, one degree above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah