Rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Light to moderate rains today lashed various parts of Punjab and Haryana, even as minimum temperature rose by a few notches above normal.
Union Territory of Chandigarh received rainfall of 2.6 mm with minimum settling at 11.6 deg C, up by five notches above normal, the MeT Department said here today.
Among other places in Haryana, Ambala recorded 6.2 mm of rainfall while minimum was 11 deg C, up by three degrees.
Hisar and Bhiwani had rainfall of 1.5 mm and 1 mm with minimum at 11.7 deg C and 14 deg C respectively. Narnaul had a low of 12.7 deg C, going up by seven notches above normal.
In Punjab, Patiala recorded maximum rainfall as it received 9.8 mm of rain, though minimum remained 10 deg C, up by three notches.
With rainfall of 4 mm and 3 mm, Amritsar and Ludhiana recorded minimum temperature at 10 deg C and 10.2 deg C, respectively, up by upto five notches.
The MeT Department in its forecast said rain may continue at several places in Punjab and Haryana in next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state