Rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Light to moderate rains today lashed various parts of Punjab and Haryana, even as minimum temperature rose by a few notches above normal.
Union Territory of Chandigarh received rainfall of 2.6 mm with minimum settling at 11.6 deg C, up by five notches above normal, the MeT Department said here today.
Among other places in Haryana, Ambala recorded 6.2 mm of rainfall while minimum was 11 deg C, up by three degrees.
Hisar and Bhiwani had rainfall of 1.5 mm and 1 mm with minimum at 11.7 deg C and 14 deg C respectively. Narnaul had a low of 12.7 deg C, going up by seven notches above normal.
In Punjab, Patiala recorded maximum rainfall as it received 9.8 mm of rain, though minimum remained 10 deg C, up by three notches.
With rainfall of 4 mm and 3 mm, Amritsar and Ludhiana recorded minimum temperature at 10 deg C and 10.2 deg C, respectively, up by upto five notches.
The MeT Department in its forecast said rain may continue at several places in Punjab and Haryana in next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today