Rajya Sabha polls: SAD not to put up candidates outside Punjab
Ludhiana: The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Tuesday said it would not field any candidate outside Punjab for upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The party would contest the coming general elections from Punjab and not from any other state, SAD head and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal told reporters here.
The remaining party candidates for Lok Sabha elections from Punjab would be announced soon, he said after laying the foundation stone of Common Affluent Treatment Plant for dyeing units here.
Earlier, the SAD chief had announced his party would contest some LS seats in Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh in addition to Punjab.
To a query on Amritsar MP Navjot Sidhu, Badal said "we will whole-heartedly support him and ensure his victory (in Lok Sabha polls)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February