Rajya Sabha polls: SAD not to put up candidates outside Punjab
Ludhiana: The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Tuesday said it would not field any candidate outside Punjab for upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The party would contest the coming general elections from Punjab and not from any other state, SAD head and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal told reporters here.
The remaining party candidates for Lok Sabha elections from Punjab would be announced soon, he said after laying the foundation stone of Common Affluent Treatment Plant for dyeing units here.
Earlier, the SAD chief had announced his party would contest some LS seats in Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh in addition to Punjab.
To a query on Amritsar MP Navjot Sidhu, Badal said "we will whole-heartedly support him and ensure his victory (in Lok Sabha polls)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured