Rajya Sabha polls: SAD not to put up candidates outside Punjab
Ludhiana: The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Tuesday said it would not field any candidate outside Punjab for upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The party would contest the coming general elections from Punjab and not from any other state, SAD head and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal told reporters here.
The remaining party candidates for Lok Sabha elections from Punjab would be announced soon, he said after laying the foundation stone of Common Affluent Treatment Plant for dyeing units here.
Earlier, the SAD chief had announced his party would contest some LS seats in Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh in addition to Punjab.
To a query on Amritsar MP Navjot Sidhu, Badal said "we will whole-heartedly support him and ensure his victory (in Lok Sabha polls)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?