Rajya Sabha polls: SAD not to put up candidates outside Punjab
Ludhiana: The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Tuesday said it would not field any candidate outside Punjab for upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The party would contest the coming general elections from Punjab and not from any other state, SAD head and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal told reporters here.
The remaining party candidates for Lok Sabha elections from Punjab would be announced soon, he said after laying the foundation stone of Common Affluent Treatment Plant for dyeing units here.
Earlier, the SAD chief had announced his party would contest some LS seats in Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh in addition to Punjab.
To a query on Amritsar MP Navjot Sidhu, Badal said "we will whole-heartedly support him and ensure his victory (in Lok Sabha polls)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka
- US avoiding 'confrontation' in sea row: John Kerry
- Iran announces May 19 presidential election
- Sahara group gets $1.3 billion offer from new suitor for its 3 overseas hotels
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!