Rape case disposed of within 48 hours in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A sessions court on Friday disposed of a case of abduction and rape of a teenage girl within 48 hours after the matter was presented before it.
Additional District and Sessions Judge J S Bhinder pronounced his judgement against Manu Paswan, who had abducted and raped the girl on the night of September 15, 2012.
The court sentenced him to 5 years` imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10,000 under IPC section 363 (kidnapping), 7 years` imprisonment and a fine of Rs 20,000 under section 366 (inducing to force marriage), and 10 years` imprisonment and a fine Rs 30,000 under section 376 (rape).
In case of non-payment of fine, the accused has to further undergo one-year imprisonment under section 363 and 366 of the IPC and two-year jail under section 376 of the IPC.
According to police, Paswan, a migrant labourer, son of Pipra of Phuglana used to visit the victim`s house and abducted her on the pretext of marrying her.
The case of September 18, 2012 of Mehtiana police station was submitted by the prosecuting agency before the judge on February 12 for which witnesses had been made on February 13.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living