Retired Army Captain strangulated to death in Punjab
Gurdaspur (Pb): A retired Army Captain was allegedly strangulated to death by some unidentified persons while he was returning to his native village Dakoha in Gurdaspur district, police said on Tuesday.
Milkha Singh, a resident of Dakoha village, lodged a complaint with the police that his uncle Joginder Singh, a retired Army Captain, on October 20 had gone to Ghoman grain market to sell his paddy but did not return.
However, his body, with visible marks of strangulation, was today recovered from the paddy fields of one Tarsem Singh of the same village.
Police have registered a case against unidentified persons. Further investigations into the matter are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi