Retired Army Captain strangulated to death in Punjab
Gurdaspur (Pb): A retired Army Captain was allegedly strangulated to death by some unidentified persons while he was returning to his native village Dakoha in Gurdaspur district, police said on Tuesday.
Milkha Singh, a resident of Dakoha village, lodged a complaint with the police that his uncle Joginder Singh, a retired Army Captain, on October 20 had gone to Ghoman grain market to sell his paddy but did not return.
However, his body, with visible marks of strangulation, was today recovered from the paddy fields of one Tarsem Singh of the same village.
Police have registered a case against unidentified persons. Further investigations into the matter are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?