Roadways bus accident: Two bodies recovered in Khanouri area
Fatehgarh Sahib: Two bodies which were reportedly of two passengers, who boarded an ill-fated bus which fell into Bhakra Canal two days ago, recovered from Khanouri area today.
The body of Ram Narayan, a carpenter who hailed from Darbhanga (Bihar), was recovered along with the other unidentified body, Sirhind SHO S S Virk said.
Efforts are on to identify him, he said.
On Wednesday, two passengers were killed and at least 42 feared drowned after a Punjab roadways bus fell into a canal near Sirhind in Fatehgarh Sahib district of Punjab in the wee hours, police said.
The bus was on its way from Delhi to Amritsar when the mishap took place around 2.00 AM.
As per local police officials, nine families reached on Friday to locate bodies of their relatives.
Manpreet Singh, a resident of Gurdaspur yesterday reached here to search his relative Harjit Singh, who was working in a Delhi based bank.
His relatives apprehended that Harjit might be in this bus as he left Delhi to reach village on the same day. Whereas, Joginder Pal from Jammu and Kashmir also reached here to search his brother Ashok Kumar.
Bodies of bus driver Surinder Singh and conductor Raman Kumar are still missing.
Meanwhile, in Jalandhar a 48-year-old man was killed in a road accident near city`s bus terminal.
Darshan Lal, the victim, was riding his bicycle when a private bus allegedly rammed him, police added that he died on the spot and driver managed to escape after the incident.
His body has been sent for the post-mortem and probe is on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials