SAD declares support for Bharat Bandh
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) has declared its support for the `Bharat Bandh` called by NDA on May 31 in protest against steep hike in petrol prices.
"The bandh will be observed in a peaceful manner and all commercial establishments, markets and road transport will remain closed and only emergency services will be exempted from the bandh," party spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema said in a statement here.
The SAD appealed to all trade organisations, industrial organisations, transport bodies and people of the state to fully support the bandh call by voluntarily closing their commercial establishments including shops, business houses, markets and transport services.
Condemning the hike in petrol prices, Cheema alleged that the Congress-led UPA has colluded with oil companies to "loot" the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England