SAD declares support for Bharat Bandh
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) has declared its support for the `Bharat Bandh` called by NDA on May 31 in protest against steep hike in petrol prices.
"The bandh will be observed in a peaceful manner and all commercial establishments, markets and road transport will remain closed and only emergency services will be exempted from the bandh," party spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema said in a statement here.
The SAD appealed to all trade organisations, industrial organisations, transport bodies and people of the state to fully support the bandh call by voluntarily closing their commercial establishments including shops, business houses, markets and transport services.
Condemning the hike in petrol prices, Cheema alleged that the Congress-led UPA has colluded with oil companies to "loot" the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog