Six booked for eve-teasing in Punjab
Gurdaspur: Six persons were booked on the alleged charges of eve-teasing and beating up a woman in the city here on Saturday, police said.
The eve-teasers, identified as- Gogan, Shaikhu, Ravi, Honey, Shamu and Rimpa passed lewd remarks at the woman near Geeta Bhawan Road in the city, Gurdaspur(City) SHO, Gurdeep Singh said.
Later, after she protested, the accused thrashed her up, causing injuries to the victim, who has been admitted to Gurdaspur Civil Hospital, Singh said.
A hunt has been launched to nab the absconding accused while the further probes are on, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing
- LIC to fill posts for 2 MDs; yet to name chairman
- Wild elephant tramples farmer to death in Coimbatore
- CID team visits Murshidabad hospital after two women killed in fire