Six booked for eve-teasing in Punjab
Gurdaspur: Six persons were booked on the alleged charges of eve-teasing and beating up a woman in the city here on Saturday, police said.
The eve-teasers, identified as- Gogan, Shaikhu, Ravi, Honey, Shamu and Rimpa passed lewd remarks at the woman near Geeta Bhawan Road in the city, Gurdaspur(City) SHO, Gurdeep Singh said.
Later, after she protested, the accused thrashed her up, causing injuries to the victim, who has been admitted to Gurdaspur Civil Hospital, Singh said.
A hunt has been launched to nab the absconding accused while the further probes are on, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman