Six booked for eve-teasing in Punjab
Gurdaspur: Six persons were booked on the alleged charges of eve-teasing and beating up a woman in the city here on Saturday, police said.
The eve-teasers, identified as- Gogan, Shaikhu, Ravi, Honey, Shamu and Rimpa passed lewd remarks at the woman near Geeta Bhawan Road in the city, Gurdaspur(City) SHO, Gurdeep Singh said.
Later, after she protested, the accused thrashed her up, causing injuries to the victim, who has been admitted to Gurdaspur Civil Hospital, Singh said.
A hunt has been launched to nab the absconding accused while the further probes are on, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre