Six get life sentence in murder case
Faridkot : Six persons were awarded life sentence by a court here in a two-year-old murder case.
District and Sessions Judge Archana Puri yesterday held Ikattar Singh, his sons Gursewak Singh and Tarsem and three other relatives Lakhbir Singh, Binda Singh and Sukhwinder Singh guilty in the case and pronounced the verdict on them, prosecution sources said.
The convicts on the night of July 21, 2011 night entered the house of Inderjit Singh and injured him seriously.
Later, the victim was taken to Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video