Sonia expresses condolences to family of Sadwant S
Patiala: Congress President Sonia Gandhi has expressed her condolences to the family of Sadwant Singh who was killed in a shootout at Oak Creek Gurudwara at Wisconsin in the US on August 5.
She expressed her concern in a letter addressed to his brother Amarjeet Singh Kaleka for the `bhog ceremony` (ritual) here today at Gurdwara Singh Sabha.
Gandhi deputed Union Minister and local MP Preneet Kaur to deliver the letter to Amarjeet personally.
In her letter, Sonia said, "I am deeply regretted by the death of your brother Satwant Singh Kaleka in the ominous mishap of the Wisconsin Gurudwara in Oak Creek. I am really shaken by his untimely demise. I offer my hearty condolences on the `bhog` organized in his remembrance."
She condemned the attack and noted, "An attack like this on any religious site is really shameful."
"I, once again, want to offer my condolences to those martyrs who died during this genocide and pray to God to bless their families with the courage to bear their sorrow," she said.
Gandhi also announced Rs 2 lakh each to the families of those who were killed in the shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown