Sonia expresses condolences to family of Sadwant S
Patiala: Congress President Sonia Gandhi has expressed her condolences to the family of Sadwant Singh who was killed in a shootout at Oak Creek Gurudwara at Wisconsin in the US on August 5.
She expressed her concern in a letter addressed to his brother Amarjeet Singh Kaleka for the `bhog ceremony` (ritual) here today at Gurdwara Singh Sabha.
Gandhi deputed Union Minister and local MP Preneet Kaur to deliver the letter to Amarjeet personally.
In her letter, Sonia said, "I am deeply regretted by the death of your brother Satwant Singh Kaleka in the ominous mishap of the Wisconsin Gurudwara in Oak Creek. I am really shaken by his untimely demise. I offer my hearty condolences on the `bhog` organized in his remembrance."
She condemned the attack and noted, "An attack like this on any religious site is really shameful."
"I, once again, want to offer my condolences to those martyrs who died during this genocide and pray to God to bless their families with the courage to bear their sorrow," she said.
Gandhi also announced Rs 2 lakh each to the families of those who were killed in the shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row