Students from J&K call on Punjab governor
Chandigarh: A team of 23 students from Jammu and Kashmir called on Punjab Governor Shivraj V Patil on Tuesday as part of an educational-cum adventure tour entitled `Sair-e Gulistan` organised by the Army.
The students, who hail from the remote border areas of Poonch in (J&K), were accompanied by two teachers and led by Indian Army Major Amit Mann.
Talking about the Army endeavour, Patil said that the tour provided students with an opportunity to see the country and instilled in them a sense of national pride.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth