Students from J&K call on Punjab governor
Chandigarh: A team of 23 students from Jammu and Kashmir called on Punjab Governor Shivraj V Patil on Tuesday as part of an educational-cum adventure tour entitled `Sair-e Gulistan` organised by the Army.
The students, who hail from the remote border areas of Poonch in (J&K), were accompanied by two teachers and led by Indian Army Major Amit Mann.
Talking about the Army endeavour, Patil said that the tour provided students with an opportunity to see the country and instilled in them a sense of national pride.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?