Students from J&K call on Punjab governor
Chandigarh: A team of 23 students from Jammu and Kashmir called on Punjab Governor Shivraj V Patil on Tuesday as part of an educational-cum adventure tour entitled `Sair-e Gulistan` organised by the Army.
The students, who hail from the remote border areas of Poonch in (J&K), were accompanied by two teachers and led by Indian Army Major Amit Mann.
Talking about the Army endeavour, Patil said that the tour provided students with an opportunity to see the country and instilled in them a sense of national pride.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Russia says starts humanitarian operation in Syria's Aleppo
- No Chinese incursion along Uttarakhand, only transgression: Manohar Parrikar
- ‘Mirzya’ boy Harshvardhan Kapoor begins shooting 'Bhavesh Joshi'
- Turkey has intelligence cleric Gulen could flee United States: Minister
- Man who had given shelter to Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda arrested