Sukhbir Singh Badal terms Congress headless chicken
Chandigarh: Describing the Congress as a headless chicken, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said the party was bereft of ideas and issues and did not know in which direction it was heading.
"The Congress leaders in the state are devoid of ideas and are trying to catch up with us on every issue be it the wealth tax on agriculture or relief for farmers," said the SAD chief.
"No sooner does the SAD-BJP articulates an issue of public importance, the Congress leaders rush to Delhi and seek appointments with Central leaders to attract media attention," he said.
"Once that is done, they no longer talk about the issue," Sukhbir said.
Describing the PPCC as an "idlers club", he said "the Congress leaders have outsourced their elementary thinking to their press note writers who prepare their responses on the basis of what the SAD-BJP leaders have said a day earlier."
Citing the example of wealth tax on agriculture in this regard, Sukhbir said they had started rushing to their masters exactly a week after the SAD expressed opposition to it.
"Even today, they have not bothered to understand the details and finer-points of the problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah