Sukhbir Singh Badal terms Congress headless chicken
Chandigarh: Describing the Congress as a headless chicken, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said the party was bereft of ideas and issues and did not know in which direction it was heading.
"The Congress leaders in the state are devoid of ideas and are trying to catch up with us on every issue be it the wealth tax on agriculture or relief for farmers," said the SAD chief.
"No sooner does the SAD-BJP articulates an issue of public importance, the Congress leaders rush to Delhi and seek appointments with Central leaders to attract media attention," he said.
"Once that is done, they no longer talk about the issue," Sukhbir said.
Describing the PPCC as an "idlers club", he said "the Congress leaders have outsourced their elementary thinking to their press note writers who prepare their responses on the basis of what the SAD-BJP leaders have said a day earlier."
Citing the example of wealth tax on agriculture in this regard, Sukhbir said they had started rushing to their masters exactly a week after the SAD expressed opposition to it.
"Even today, they have not bothered to understand the details and finer-points of the problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...