Sukhpal Khaira becomes Punjab Cong spokesman
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa was on Wednesday appointed former MLA Sukhpal Singh Khaira as the party`s spokesperson.
"As approved by the All India Congress Committee, Bajwa, has appointed Khaira as spokesperson of the party," a party release said here.
Khaira, son of late former education minister Sukhjinder Singh, was MLA from Bholath constituency from 2007 to 2012 during the Amarinder Singh regime in Punjab.
Khaira was also the president of Kapurthala district Congress committee from 2005 to 2010 and had served as spokesman of the party during the 2009 Parliamentary elections, the release said.
Earlier, Bajwa had appointed his younger brother Fatehjung Singh Bajwa as the party`s general secretary and Khaira as the party spokesman after becoming the new Punjab Congress chief, but both were divested off their positions two days later as their appointment was "without" the consent of party high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?