Suspected drug smuggler held
New Delhi: An alleged drug smuggler, who escaped from Delhi Police custody a week ago from Ludhiana, and his associate, a suspected Sikh militant who was declared dead 20 years ago, have been arrested, police said monday.
Raj Kandola, who escaped from police custody, and his associate Sukhvinder were apprehended from Punjab by a team of Delhi Police, a senior police official said.
Kandola, who was first arrested by Delhi Police on August 11, had on September 25 escaped from police custody in Ludhiana while a Delhi Police team was bringing him back after a court hearing in Jalandhar.
When arrested in August, he was allegedly in possession of 411 grams of high quality heroin, 2.75 grams of a psychotropic substance and 250 grams of Ephedrine.
Kandola is wanted in Punjab in connection with a number of cases including for sending illegal immigrants to foreign countries and those relating to Arms Act.
Punjab Police had earlier approached the Delhi Police for help in arresting Kandola after he escaped from police net following unearthing of a narcotics drug manufacturing unit in Jalandhar in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary