Suspected drug smuggler held
New Delhi: An alleged drug smuggler, who escaped from Delhi Police custody a week ago from Ludhiana, and his associate, a suspected Sikh militant who was declared dead 20 years ago, have been arrested, police said monday.
Raj Kandola, who escaped from police custody, and his associate Sukhvinder were apprehended from Punjab by a team of Delhi Police, a senior police official said.
Kandola, who was first arrested by Delhi Police on August 11, had on September 25 escaped from police custody in Ludhiana while a Delhi Police team was bringing him back after a court hearing in Jalandhar.
When arrested in August, he was allegedly in possession of 411 grams of high quality heroin, 2.75 grams of a psychotropic substance and 250 grams of Ephedrine.
Kandola is wanted in Punjab in connection with a number of cases including for sending illegal immigrants to foreign countries and those relating to Arms Act.
Punjab Police had earlier approached the Delhi Police for help in arresting Kandola after he escaped from police net following unearthing of a narcotics drug manufacturing unit in Jalandhar in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!