Ten days after quitting party, former MLA back in SAD fold
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) has managed to win former MLA Gurdev Singh Gill back to its side after he quit the party 10 days ago to join Congress.
Gill yesterday announced his return to the SAD fold and explained his decision to leave the party as having been a result of some misunderstanding.
"Now, the misunderstanding had been sorted out by SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal," he said.
In a further cause of cheer for the ruling SAD in Punjab, representatives of Backward Classes in the Moga Assembly constituency today unanimously decided to vote in favour of party candidate Joginderpal Jain in the by-election due on February 23.
This was announced by Backward Classes cell president Kamaljit Singh here.
Backward Classes constitutes about 27 per cent of the total electorate in Moga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside