Ten days after quitting party, former MLA back in SAD fold
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) has managed to win former MLA Gurdev Singh Gill back to its side after he quit the party 10 days ago to join Congress.
Gill yesterday announced his return to the SAD fold and explained his decision to leave the party as having been a result of some misunderstanding.
"Now, the misunderstanding had been sorted out by SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal," he said.
In a further cause of cheer for the ruling SAD in Punjab, representatives of Backward Classes in the Moga Assembly constituency today unanimously decided to vote in favour of party candidate Joginderpal Jain in the by-election due on February 23.
This was announced by Backward Classes cell president Kamaljit Singh here.
Backward Classes constitutes about 27 per cent of the total electorate in Moga.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list