Ten days after quitting party, former MLA back in SAD fold
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) has managed to win former MLA Gurdev Singh Gill back to its side after he quit the party 10 days ago to join Congress.
Gill yesterday announced his return to the SAD fold and explained his decision to leave the party as having been a result of some misunderstanding.
"Now, the misunderstanding had been sorted out by SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal," he said.
In a further cause of cheer for the ruling SAD in Punjab, representatives of Backward Classes in the Moga Assembly constituency today unanimously decided to vote in favour of party candidate Joginderpal Jain in the by-election due on February 23.
This was announced by Backward Classes cell president Kamaljit Singh here.
Backward Classes constitutes about 27 per cent of the total electorate in Moga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review