Ten days after quitting party, former MLA back in SAD fold
Moga (Punjab): Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) has managed to win former MLA Gurdev Singh Gill back to its side after he quit the party 10 days ago to join Congress.
Gill yesterday announced his return to the SAD fold and explained his decision to leave the party as having been a result of some misunderstanding.
"Now, the misunderstanding had been sorted out by SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal," he said.
In a further cause of cheer for the ruling SAD in Punjab, representatives of Backward Classes in the Moga Assembly constituency today unanimously decided to vote in favour of party candidate Joginderpal Jain in the by-election due on February 23.
This was announced by Backward Classes cell president Kamaljit Singh here.
Backward Classes constitutes about 27 per cent of the total electorate in Moga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report