Three arrested in Punjab for gang-rape of teenager
Chandigarh: Punjab Police have arrested three people, including a woman, in connection with the gang-rape of a teenaged girl, police said on Thursday.
The 15-year-old gang-rape victim, a resident of Punjab`s Ludhiana town, was forcibly taken to Himachal Pradesh`s district headquarters town of Una where she was gang-raped for two days. Una is about 75 km from Ludhiana.
The accused have been identified as the victim`s aunt Manjit Kaur, a resident of Rajowal village in Ludhiana district, Manjinder Singh Aulakh, a resident of Jalandhar, and Ranjit Kumar, a resident of Kapurthala town.
"On April 21, the victim`s aunt called her on the pretext of going for a shopping trip. She gave her Rs.100 and then sent her along with two others for shopping at a Jalandhar mall. However, instead of taking the girl to Jalandhar, the duo took her to Una where they gang-raped her," investigation officer Kamal Dutt said.
The duo brought her back on April 23 and threatened her of dire consequences if she reported the crime. However, the victim told her parents about the incident Wednesday and they filed a police complaint, Dutt added.
All the three accused have been arrested and would be presented in court Thursday, he said.
Ludhiana is around 100 km from the state capital Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur