Three girls kidnapped in Punjab, one raped
Moga (Punjab): A youth was arrested on Saturday for allegedly kidnapping three sisters, all minors, from Rani village in the district and raping one of them, police said.
The three girls, aged between 12-14 years, were kidnapped by Sukhdeep Singh (24) of the same village from Bughipura bus stand where the three were waiting to catch a bus last evening, Moga SSP, Surjit Singh Grewal said.
The accused took the girls to Anandpur Sahib and Hoshiarpur and raped one of the victims, he said.
Singh allegedly threatened them of dire consequences and dumped them at some secluded spot, from where they somehow managed to reach to their village, Grewal said.
Later, the accused was nabbed from Dalla village near Jagraon on the basis of the complaint lodged by the victim`s parents and was brought here, the SSP said, adding that further probes are on into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing