Three girls kidnapped in Punjab, one raped
Moga (Punjab): A youth was arrested on Saturday for allegedly kidnapping three sisters, all minors, from Rani village in the district and raping one of them, police said.
The three girls, aged between 12-14 years, were kidnapped by Sukhdeep Singh (24) of the same village from Bughipura bus stand where the three were waiting to catch a bus last evening, Moga SSP, Surjit Singh Grewal said.
The accused took the girls to Anandpur Sahib and Hoshiarpur and raped one of the victims, he said.
Singh allegedly threatened them of dire consequences and dumped them at some secluded spot, from where they somehow managed to reach to their village, Grewal said.
Later, the accused was nabbed from Dalla village near Jagraon on the basis of the complaint lodged by the victim`s parents and was brought here, the SSP said, adding that further probes are on into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read