Two arrested in Punjab ASI murder case
Phagwara: Local police on Wednesday arrested two accused, including an NRI, allegedly involved in the murder of ASI Gurdev Singh near the Delhi-Jalandhar National Highway here.
Tavinder Singh alias Tally, an NRI, presently living in Tut Kalan village in Jalandhar district and Pushpinder Singh alias Noni Lahoria were arrested, Phagwara SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said on Wednesday night.
Tally had returned from the UK some time ago.
Khakh said an indigenous .32 bore pistol and four live cartridges were recovered from him.
"Since Tally wanted to escape by jumping down from the roof of his hideout, he sustained multiple fractures in his left leg and was brought to civil hospital here for treatment," Khakh said.
He said Tally was arrested in a combined operation of Phagwara, Bholath and Sultanpur Lodhi police.
"We got a tip off that Tally was hiding in historic inn `Jahangir Di Saran` in Jahangir Mallian village. When police raided the hideout, he climbed on the roof.
"When chased, he jumped down to escape but was overpowered," Khakh said.
Khakh said two other alleged assailants Rajinder Singh alias Mintu of Wadaliwala village in Fatehgarsh Sahib district and Palwinder Singh alias Pinda of Nihaluwal village, Lohian in Jalansdhar district will be arrested soon.
Gurdev Singh (50) was on traffic patrol duty when he confronted a person who was allegedly taking drugs inside a hotel and was shot dead while chasing him on March 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder