Two brothers killed in mishap in Punjab
Phagwara: Two brothers were killed when their motorcycle collided with a car on the Phagwara- Hoshiarpur road, triggering angry protests by relatives and villagers who blocked the road.
The mishap took place yesterday when the two were going to attend a wedding. The deceased were identified as Bakhshi Ram and Shankar Das of Alawarpur village in Jalandhar district, police said today.
While Bakhshi Ram died on the accident spot, Das was referred to a Jalandhar hospital where he succumbed to injuries.
Agitated relatives of the deceased and villagers staged a demonstration and blocked traffic on the Phagwara-Hoshiarpur road by placing the body of Bakhshi Ram on the road to protest the alleged police inaction against the culprit.
Later, on the intervention of SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh, a case under Section 304-A (causing death by negligence) of IPC was registered against car driver Harjit Singh who was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital