Two youths accuse police of torturing them in Punjab
Batala (Punjab): Two youths residing in Bhalowali village have accused the police of torturing them during questioning in a theft case.
Mohinder Singh alleged that Station House Officer Harsandeep Singh had asked him to produce his son Gurpreet and nephew Gurdpreet in the police station to verify facts about the theft case.
The SHO and some other policemen assaulted the youths once they reached the police station yesterday, Mohinder said.
The family then approached Congress MLA Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa who rushed to the police station and rescued the youths.
Both the youths were rushed to a community health centre, Fatehgarh Churrian, from where they were referred to Amritsar as their condition was serious.
Bajwa met SSP Batala Tulsi Ram and demanded suspension of the SHO. The SSP assured him of conducting an inquiry into the whole incident. DSP, Fatehgarh Churrian, Kirpal Singh was ordered to conduct the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal