Undertrial commits suicide in jail in Punjab
Faridkot (Pb): An undertrial, charged in a abetment to suicide case, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in the district jail, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday when the prisoner, identified as Deepak Kumar, kept himself locked in the bathroom for a long time.
Later, after repeated calls and knocking of the door went unheard, the prison officials broke open the door and found the body of Kumar hanging in the bathroom.
The victim, his mother and sister was charged with abetting the suicide of his wife Suman. She allegedly committed suicide on June 15 at her in-laws house at Moga.
Meanwhile, a probe has been ordered into the incident by the jail authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’