Undertrial commits suicide in jail in Punjab
Faridkot (Pb): An undertrial, charged in a abetment to suicide case, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in the district jail, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday when the prisoner, identified as Deepak Kumar, kept himself locked in the bathroom for a long time.
Later, after repeated calls and knocking of the door went unheard, the prison officials broke open the door and found the body of Kumar hanging in the bathroom.
The victim, his mother and sister was charged with abetting the suicide of his wife Suman. She allegedly committed suicide on June 15 at her in-laws house at Moga.
Meanwhile, a probe has been ordered into the incident by the jail authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000