Where have all the Akalis gone: Amarinder asks Sukhbir
Moga (Pb): Hitting out at Sukhbir Singh Badal for his remarks that several Congress leaders want to join SAD but the party "will pick only diamonds among the stones", Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Tuesday asked where had all the Akalis gone.
"Where had all his (Sukhbir) Akalis gone as he is digging for diamonds in the Congress?" Amarinder asked sarcastically.
Sukhbir had yesterday said SAD was "flooded" with requests from Congress leaders to join the party but it "will pick only diamonds among the stones".
"With the Akalis either having retreated or refused to support or campaign for SAD candidate Joginderpal Jain (for Moga bypoll due later this month), Sukhbir is finding it difficult to find workers from within his own party and is searching for people in Congress," Amarinder told public meetings in Kalianwala, Kahnsinghwala and Jagewala villages.
"No matter how many diamonds he steals from Congress, nothing can save Jain from an imminent defeat," he said.
Jain had won last year`s assembly poll from Moga segment as a Congress candidate but recently quit the party to join SAD, vacating the seat which has necessitated the by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America