Where have all the Akalis gone: Amarinder asks Sukhbir
Moga (Pb): Hitting out at Sukhbir Singh Badal for his remarks that several Congress leaders want to join SAD but the party "will pick only diamonds among the stones", Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Tuesday asked where had all the Akalis gone.
"Where had all his (Sukhbir) Akalis gone as he is digging for diamonds in the Congress?" Amarinder asked sarcastically.
Sukhbir had yesterday said SAD was "flooded" with requests from Congress leaders to join the party but it "will pick only diamonds among the stones".
"With the Akalis either having retreated or refused to support or campaign for SAD candidate Joginderpal Jain (for Moga bypoll due later this month), Sukhbir is finding it difficult to find workers from within his own party and is searching for people in Congress," Amarinder told public meetings in Kalianwala, Kahnsinghwala and Jagewala villages.
"No matter how many diamonds he steals from Congress, nothing can save Jain from an imminent defeat," he said.
Jain had won last year`s assembly poll from Moga segment as a Congress candidate but recently quit the party to join SAD, vacating the seat which has necessitated the by-poll.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed