Where have all the Akalis gone: Amarinder asks Sukhbir
Moga (Pb): Hitting out at Sukhbir Singh Badal for his remarks that several Congress leaders want to join SAD but the party "will pick only diamonds among the stones", Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Tuesday asked where had all the Akalis gone.
"Where had all his (Sukhbir) Akalis gone as he is digging for diamonds in the Congress?" Amarinder asked sarcastically.
Sukhbir had yesterday said SAD was "flooded" with requests from Congress leaders to join the party but it "will pick only diamonds among the stones".
"With the Akalis either having retreated or refused to support or campaign for SAD candidate Joginderpal Jain (for Moga bypoll due later this month), Sukhbir is finding it difficult to find workers from within his own party and is searching for people in Congress," Amarinder told public meetings in Kalianwala, Kahnsinghwala and Jagewala villages.
"No matter how many diamonds he steals from Congress, nothing can save Jain from an imminent defeat," he said.
Jain had won last year`s assembly poll from Moga segment as a Congress candidate but recently quit the party to join SAD, vacating the seat which has necessitated the by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- India, US solar case: WTO appellate body's ruling in mid-Sept
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer
- IMF flags decelerating pace of reforms in India; lists six areas for further reforms
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!
- Are you daring enough to visit THIS spooky 'Island of the Dolls'?