Where have all the Akalis gone: Amarinder asks Sukhbir
Moga (Pb): Hitting out at Sukhbir Singh Badal for his remarks that several Congress leaders want to join SAD but the party "will pick only diamonds among the stones", Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Tuesday asked where had all the Akalis gone.
"Where had all his (Sukhbir) Akalis gone as he is digging for diamonds in the Congress?" Amarinder asked sarcastically.
Sukhbir had yesterday said SAD was "flooded" with requests from Congress leaders to join the party but it "will pick only diamonds among the stones".
"With the Akalis either having retreated or refused to support or campaign for SAD candidate Joginderpal Jain (for Moga bypoll due later this month), Sukhbir is finding it difficult to find workers from within his own party and is searching for people in Congress," Amarinder told public meetings in Kalianwala, Kahnsinghwala and Jagewala villages.
"No matter how many diamonds he steals from Congress, nothing can save Jain from an imminent defeat," he said.
Jain had won last year`s assembly poll from Moga segment as a Congress candidate but recently quit the party to join SAD, vacating the seat which has necessitated the by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother