Woman constable commits suicide in Punjab
Ludhiana: A woman head constable in Punjab police allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from an iron grill in Samrala police station, police said on Friday.
Head constable identified as Amarjit Kaur (50) took the extreme step yesterday, police said.
A magisterial enquiry had been ordered into the incident, Khanna SSP Jatinder Singh Aulakh, who visited the spot, said today.
According to preliminary investigations, Kaur was under depression, he added.
The deceased is survived by her husband and two children.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview