Woman constable commits suicide in Punjab
Ludhiana: A woman head constable in Punjab police allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from an iron grill in Samrala police station, police said on Friday.
Head constable identified as Amarjit Kaur (50) took the extreme step yesterday, police said.
A magisterial enquiry had been ordered into the incident, Khanna SSP Jatinder Singh Aulakh, who visited the spot, said today.
According to preliminary investigations, Kaur was under depression, he added.
The deceased is survived by her husband and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed