Woman constable commits suicide in Punjab
Ludhiana: A woman head constable in Punjab police allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from an iron grill in Samrala police station, police said on Friday.
Head constable identified as Amarjit Kaur (50) took the extreme step yesterday, police said.
A magisterial enquiry had been ordered into the incident, Khanna SSP Jatinder Singh Aulakh, who visited the spot, said today.
According to preliminary investigations, Kaur was under depression, he added.
The deceased is survived by her husband and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown