Woman constable commits suicide in Punjab
Ludhiana: A woman head constable in Punjab police allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from an iron grill in Samrala police station, police said on Friday.
Head constable identified as Amarjit Kaur (50) took the extreme step yesterday, police said.
A magisterial enquiry had been ordered into the incident, Khanna SSP Jatinder Singh Aulakh, who visited the spot, said today.
According to preliminary investigations, Kaur was under depression, he added.
The deceased is survived by her husband and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption