Woman constable commits suicide in Punjab
Ludhiana: A woman head constable in Punjab police allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from an iron grill in Samrala police station, police said on Friday.
Head constable identified as Amarjit Kaur (50) took the extreme step yesterday, police said.
A magisterial enquiry had been ordered into the incident, Khanna SSP Jatinder Singh Aulakh, who visited the spot, said today.
According to preliminary investigations, Kaur was under depression, he added.
The deceased is survived by her husband and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley