Women to head family in Punjab ration cards
Chandigarh: The eldest woman in households in Punjab will now be considered the head of family in the new ration cards, a spokesman for the food and supplies department said on Tuesday.
"The Punjab government has issued a notification regarding new ration cards in which the oldest woman in a family will be considered the head of the family," the spokesman said.
"Such a woman, who is not less than 18 years of age, will be designated head of the household for the purpose of ration cards under the public distribution system," he said.
He said if a household does not have a woman member or a woman 18 years old or above, the eldest male member of the household shall deemed to be the head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him