Women to head family in Punjab ration cards
Chandigarh: The eldest woman in households in Punjab will now be considered the head of family in the new ration cards, a spokesman for the food and supplies department said on Tuesday.
"The Punjab government has issued a notification regarding new ration cards in which the oldest woman in a family will be considered the head of the family," the spokesman said.
"Such a woman, who is not less than 18 years of age, will be designated head of the household for the purpose of ration cards under the public distribution system," he said.
He said if a household does not have a woman member or a woman 18 years old or above, the eldest male member of the household shall deemed to be the head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead