Work on National Highways to be expedited: Punjab
Chandigarh: Punjab government has put the construction work on Faridkot-Kotkapura and Shahkot-Moga- Ramgarh National Highway on fast track and orders have been issued to complete both road by March next year.
PWD Minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon said the 16.20 km stretch of the National Highway from Faridkot to Kotkapura will be laid using world class technology.
He said the Rs 1,022.25 lakh project would be completed in four months.
Dhillon said the Shahkot-Moga-Ramgarh stretch of the National Highway will also be completed in four months at a cost of Rs 959.13 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her