Youth Congress activists hold protest march in Punjab
Amritsar: Youth Congress activists in Punjab on Friday took out a protest march at Tarn Taran against the police assault of a woman in full public view recently.
Carrying banners critical of Punjab government and black tapes across their mouths, the activists marched from YC local office to the Deputy Commissioner`s office.
Addressing the gathering, state YC President Vikramjit Singhy Chaudhary accused the state government of utter failure in handling the law and order situation.
The shooting of a policeman-father who was protecting his own daughter, public assault of the Punjab Police officer in Ludhiana and now a beating up of a woman lady seeking justice--all this go to show the state government`s "insensitive" way of handling law and order.
He said Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal should be relieved of the home portfolio immediately.
He visited the family of the woman who was beaten up at their village Usma and presented her a sword.
Later, the Youth Congress activists visited village Rampura(Attari) and honoured Robanjit Kaur, daughter of slain Punjab Police ASI Ravinderpal who was shot dead in full public view allegedly by a youth Akali leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday