Youth Congress activists hold protest march in Punjab
Amritsar: Youth Congress activists in Punjab on Friday took out a protest march at Tarn Taran against the police assault of a woman in full public view recently.
Carrying banners critical of Punjab government and black tapes across their mouths, the activists marched from YC local office to the Deputy Commissioner`s office.
Addressing the gathering, state YC President Vikramjit Singhy Chaudhary accused the state government of utter failure in handling the law and order situation.
The shooting of a policeman-father who was protecting his own daughter, public assault of the Punjab Police officer in Ludhiana and now a beating up of a woman lady seeking justice--all this go to show the state government`s "insensitive" way of handling law and order.
He said Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal should be relieved of the home portfolio immediately.
He visited the family of the woman who was beaten up at their village Usma and presented her a sword.
Later, the Youth Congress activists visited village Rampura(Attari) and honoured Robanjit Kaur, daughter of slain Punjab Police ASI Ravinderpal who was shot dead in full public view allegedly by a youth Akali leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot