Youth Congress activists hold protest march in Punjab
Amritsar: Youth Congress activists in Punjab on Friday took out a protest march at Tarn Taran against the police assault of a woman in full public view recently.
Carrying banners critical of Punjab government and black tapes across their mouths, the activists marched from YC local office to the Deputy Commissioner`s office.
Addressing the gathering, state YC President Vikramjit Singhy Chaudhary accused the state government of utter failure in handling the law and order situation.
The shooting of a policeman-father who was protecting his own daughter, public assault of the Punjab Police officer in Ludhiana and now a beating up of a woman lady seeking justice--all this go to show the state government`s "insensitive" way of handling law and order.
He said Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal should be relieved of the home portfolio immediately.
He visited the family of the woman who was beaten up at their village Usma and presented her a sword.
Later, the Youth Congress activists visited village Rampura(Attari) and honoured Robanjit Kaur, daughter of slain Punjab Police ASI Ravinderpal who was shot dead in full public view allegedly by a youth Akali leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!