Youth Congress activists hold protest march in Punjab
Amritsar: Youth Congress activists in Punjab on Friday took out a protest march at Tarn Taran against the police assault of a woman in full public view recently.
Carrying banners critical of Punjab government and black tapes across their mouths, the activists marched from YC local office to the Deputy Commissioner`s office.
Addressing the gathering, state YC President Vikramjit Singhy Chaudhary accused the state government of utter failure in handling the law and order situation.
The shooting of a policeman-father who was protecting his own daughter, public assault of the Punjab Police officer in Ludhiana and now a beating up of a woman lady seeking justice--all this go to show the state government`s "insensitive" way of handling law and order.
He said Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal should be relieved of the home portfolio immediately.
He visited the family of the woman who was beaten up at their village Usma and presented her a sword.
Later, the Youth Congress activists visited village Rampura(Attari) and honoured Robanjit Kaur, daughter of slain Punjab Police ASI Ravinderpal who was shot dead in full public view allegedly by a youth Akali leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!