Youth gets life term for raping, killing 7-year-old girl in Punjab
Ludhiana: A 25-year-old man was sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping and killing a seven-year old girl.
Pronouncing the sentence yesterday, Additional Sessions Judge Mandeep Singh Pannu also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on convict Asif Khan of Sham Nagar locality.
A case was registered against Asif on February 7, 2011 under Sections 302 (Murder) and 376 (Rape) of the IPC on the complaint of the victim`s mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley