Youth gets life term for raping, killing 7-year-old girl in Punjab
Ludhiana: A 25-year-old man was sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping and killing a seven-year old girl.
Pronouncing the sentence yesterday, Additional Sessions Judge Mandeep Singh Pannu also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on convict Asif Khan of Sham Nagar locality.
A case was registered against Asif on February 7, 2011 under Sections 302 (Murder) and 376 (Rape) of the IPC on the complaint of the victim`s mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation