Youth gets life term for raping, killing 7-year-old girl in Punjab
Ludhiana: A 25-year-old man was sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping and killing a seven-year old girl.
Pronouncing the sentence yesterday, Additional Sessions Judge Mandeep Singh Pannu also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on convict Asif Khan of Sham Nagar locality.
A case was registered against Asif on February 7, 2011 under Sections 302 (Murder) and 376 (Rape) of the IPC on the complaint of the victim`s mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016