Youth gets life term for raping, killing 7-year-old girl in Punjab
Ludhiana: A 25-year-old man was sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping and killing a seven-year old girl.
Pronouncing the sentence yesterday, Additional Sessions Judge Mandeep Singh Pannu also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on convict Asif Khan of Sham Nagar locality.
A case was registered against Asif on February 7, 2011 under Sections 302 (Murder) and 376 (Rape) of the IPC on the complaint of the victim`s mother.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case