Youth gets life term for raping, killing 7-year-old girl in Punjab
Ludhiana: A 25-year-old man was sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping and killing a seven-year old girl.
Pronouncing the sentence yesterday, Additional Sessions Judge Mandeep Singh Pannu also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on convict Asif Khan of Sham Nagar locality.
A case was registered against Asif on February 7, 2011 under Sections 302 (Murder) and 376 (Rape) of the IPC on the complaint of the victim`s mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam