Youth stabbed to death for eve-teasing
Hoshiarpur: A 27-year-old youth was Friday allegedly stabbed to death by a man for passing lewd comments against his wife at a bus stop in Dugri village of the district.
The victim Lakhbir Singh has allegedly teased a 30-year-old woman while she was returning to her house after dropping her children at a school bus stop in the village, police said.
Upon narrating the incident of teasing to her husband Kuldip Singh, who at once went to Lakhbir where a quarrel took place between them.
During the quarrel, Kuldip stabbed Lakhbir Singh in the chest with a screw driver due to which the latter died on the spot, Dasuya SHO Onkar Singh said.
A investigation has begun in the case, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj