Zee Punjabi confers Anhad Sanman on Punjab’s luminaries
Chandigarh: It was an emotional moment for Chief Minister of Punjab Shri Prakash Singh Badal at the Zee Punjabi Anhad Sanman award ceremony, where celebrities from various fields from the state were honoured for remarkable performance in their respective fields. Appreciating the initiative of Zee Punjabi, Badal said that the channel has proved its image as a perfect jeweler who knows the right shining Diamond.
As the fourth pillar of democracy, media should adopt a positive attitude that will change its image in the society, he added.
Zee Punjabi Anhad Sanman is the regional format of Zee News Ltd’s social initiative to honour the act of Patriotism, Social Work, Sports, Literature and Environment. This is a way to acknowledge and appreciate the contribution of those who make a difference and inspire the society. The prelude of this Zee Punjabi Anhad Sanman award ceremony was introduced in 2011 in a remarkable way. The consequent chapter at Chandigarh has converted the same as an annual event. Gyanpeeth Awardee Erudite in Punjabi literature S Gurdial Singh, versatile legendary Zohra Segal, Padam Shree ecologist Saint Sewa Singh, the blind lady with a special vision for Gatka Rashpal Kaur, BSF Commandant D S Brar, SP Singh Oberoi, entrepreneur OP Munjal, Amarjit Kaur along with Capt GS kang were among the 12 esteemed personalities who were honoured this time.
A poignant moment of this event was honouring the first satirist of Punjab late Jaspal Bhatti. The well known artist lost his life in a road accident recently. The presence of Savita Bhatti, his wife, along with her family members enhanced the importance of the event.
Mr. Alok Aggarwal, CEO Zee News Ltd, in his inaugural note said that this initiative was the prime effort of the group to honour the heroes from various sectors for their remarkable contribution to the society. The five year long journey will continue in the following years.
Sanjay Vohra, Editor, Zee Punjabi, in his vote of thanks mentioned that the prime concern of the Channel is not only to focus on news but as part of Zee Network’s thought Jazba Soch Ka, Zee Punjabi has adapted the new tagline Khabar Vi Khyal Vi. Our duty at one end is to inform the viewer with news content while on the other side every possible effort is taken for the sake of the society as well.
The event at Hotel Mount View, Chandigarh was graced with glittering audience which included Health Minister of Punjab Madan Mohan Mittal, Legislator Daljeet Singh Cheema, Gurkirat Singh Kotli, Media Advisor to CM Harcharan Singh Bains, Special Secretary Gagan Deep Brar, Vice Chancellor of Punjab University Prof. Ashok Grover, Punjab and Haryana High Court Justice KK Karir, DGP (Vigilance) Punjab Suresh Arora, IGP Jagdish Mittal and Food Secretary DS Grewal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok