Zee Punjabi confers Anhad Sanman on Punjab’s luminaries
Chandigarh: It was an emotional moment for Chief Minister of Punjab Shri Prakash Singh Badal at the Zee Punjabi Anhad Sanman award ceremony, where celebrities from various fields from the state were honoured for remarkable performance in their respective fields. Appreciating the initiative of Zee Punjabi, Badal said that the channel has proved its image as a perfect jeweler who knows the right shining Diamond.
As the fourth pillar of democracy, media should adopt a positive attitude that will change its image in the society, he added.
Zee Punjabi Anhad Sanman is the regional format of Zee News Ltd’s social initiative to honour the act of Patriotism, Social Work, Sports, Literature and Environment. This is a way to acknowledge and appreciate the contribution of those who make a difference and inspire the society. The prelude of this Zee Punjabi Anhad Sanman award ceremony was introduced in 2011 in a remarkable way. The consequent chapter at Chandigarh has converted the same as an annual event. Gyanpeeth Awardee Erudite in Punjabi literature S Gurdial Singh, versatile legendary Zohra Segal, Padam Shree ecologist Saint Sewa Singh, the blind lady with a special vision for Gatka Rashpal Kaur, BSF Commandant D S Brar, SP Singh Oberoi, entrepreneur OP Munjal, Amarjit Kaur along with Capt GS kang were among the 12 esteemed personalities who were honoured this time.
A poignant moment of this event was honouring the first satirist of Punjab late Jaspal Bhatti. The well known artist lost his life in a road accident recently. The presence of Savita Bhatti, his wife, along with her family members enhanced the importance of the event.
Mr. Alok Aggarwal, CEO Zee News Ltd, in his inaugural note said that this initiative was the prime effort of the group to honour the heroes from various sectors for their remarkable contribution to the society. The five year long journey will continue in the following years.
Sanjay Vohra, Editor, Zee Punjabi, in his vote of thanks mentioned that the prime concern of the Channel is not only to focus on news but as part of Zee Network’s thought Jazba Soch Ka, Zee Punjabi has adapted the new tagline Khabar Vi Khyal Vi. Our duty at one end is to inform the viewer with news content while on the other side every possible effort is taken for the sake of the society as well.
The event at Hotel Mount View, Chandigarh was graced with glittering audience which included Health Minister of Punjab Madan Mohan Mittal, Legislator Daljeet Singh Cheema, Gurkirat Singh Kotli, Media Advisor to CM Harcharan Singh Bains, Special Secretary Gagan Deep Brar, Vice Chancellor of Punjab University Prof. Ashok Grover, Punjab and Haryana High Court Justice KK Karir, DGP (Vigilance) Punjab Suresh Arora, IGP Jagdish Mittal and Food Secretary DS Grewal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Dombivali blast: What actually led to fire mishap in chemical factory and what all eyewitnesses saw
- Beyond Leicester City and Premier League: Understanding English Football Pyramid
- Here's how digital space went against Kangana Ranaut
- Links with Dawood Ibrahim: Won't hesitate to act against whosoever found guilty, says Rajnath Singh
- BJP-led NDA completes 2 years in offfice: What Arvind Kejriwal thinks of Narendra Modi