2 held for duping people over jobs in Middle East
Jaipur: Two men were arrested on Thursday for allegedly duping 10 people on pretext of sending them to Middle East for job in Shastri Nagar area in Jaipur.
Mohammad Wasim and Ajimuddin promised to send them to Saudi Arabia for job and took around Rs six lakh, said Girraj Meena, Additional Police Commissioner Girraj.
When they did not arrange the trip and refused to return the money and passport, one of the victims – Mohammad Shakil – lodged an FIR against them on May 14.
"During investigation, it was found the duo committed fraud following which they were arrested," Meena said, adding, that they were being interrogated to ascertain the number of people they have cheated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH