33 arrested for Nimaz communal tension, curfew on Rajasthan
Jodhpur: As many as 33 persons have been arrested in communal-violence hit Nimaz town where curfew continued on Friday and additional security personnel were deployed.
"We have arrested 33 persons for the communal tension in the town last evening and registered four cases," IG (Jodhpur range), DC Jain said.
The town remained peaceful today with over 300 STF (Special Task Force) and RAC (Rajasthan Armed Constabulary) personnel deployed in the area, Pali SP KB Vandana said.
Police pickets have also been set up with security personnel continuously conducting marches in the town, she said.
Curfew was clamped last evening after stone-pelting by some miscreants on a procession of Hanuman Jayanti triggered violence in the town during which shops and vehicles were torched.
One person injured in the violence has been admitted to a hospital in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter