33 arrested for Nimaz communal tension, curfew on Rajasthan
Jodhpur: As many as 33 persons have been arrested in communal-violence hit Nimaz town where curfew continued on Friday and additional security personnel were deployed.
"We have arrested 33 persons for the communal tension in the town last evening and registered four cases," IG (Jodhpur range), DC Jain said.
The town remained peaceful today with over 300 STF (Special Task Force) and RAC (Rajasthan Armed Constabulary) personnel deployed in the area, Pali SP KB Vandana said.
Police pickets have also been set up with security personnel continuously conducting marches in the town, she said.
Curfew was clamped last evening after stone-pelting by some miscreants on a procession of Hanuman Jayanti triggered violence in the town during which shops and vehicles were torched.
One person injured in the violence has been admitted to a hospital in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note