33 arrested for Nimaz communal tension, curfew on Rajasthan
Jodhpur: As many as 33 persons have been arrested in communal-violence hit Nimaz town where curfew continued on Friday and additional security personnel were deployed.
"We have arrested 33 persons for the communal tension in the town last evening and registered four cases," IG (Jodhpur range), DC Jain said.
The town remained peaceful today with over 300 STF (Special Task Force) and RAC (Rajasthan Armed Constabulary) personnel deployed in the area, Pali SP KB Vandana said.
Police pickets have also been set up with security personnel continuously conducting marches in the town, she said.
Curfew was clamped last evening after stone-pelting by some miscreants on a procession of Hanuman Jayanti triggered violence in the town during which shops and vehicles were torched.
One person injured in the violence has been admitted to a hospital in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug