33 arrested for Nimaz communal tension, curfew on Rajasthan
Jodhpur: As many as 33 persons have been arrested in communal-violence hit Nimaz town where curfew continued on Friday and additional security personnel were deployed.
"We have arrested 33 persons for the communal tension in the town last evening and registered four cases," IG (Jodhpur range), DC Jain said.
The town remained peaceful today with over 300 STF (Special Task Force) and RAC (Rajasthan Armed Constabulary) personnel deployed in the area, Pali SP KB Vandana said.
Police pickets have also been set up with security personnel continuously conducting marches in the town, she said.
Curfew was clamped last evening after stone-pelting by some miscreants on a procession of Hanuman Jayanti triggered violence in the town during which shops and vehicles were torched.
One person injured in the violence has been admitted to a hospital in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley