7-yr-old Dalit girl raped by cousin in Bundi
Bundi (Raj): A seven-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly raped by her teenaged cousin when she was alone at home in Kethuda village of the district, police said today.
The victim of Baghariya community fell unconscious after the act last evening and was found by her parents with bite and scratch marks all over her body, Additional SP N L Pavan said.
She was admitted to government hospital at Kota, where her condition was stated to be stable, Pavan said.
The accused Jittu (17), who is the victim`s maternal cousin, was arrested and a case under section 376 of IPC and sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act has been registered against him, he said.
The medical test to determine the age of the accused is being conducted today as he is reported to be 17-years-old, Pavan said. After receiving the medical report, further course of action against the accused would be decided, he said.
The parents and relatives of the victim have alleged that they were ignored at Karwar police station and the girl was refused treatment at government hospitals in Lekhari and Bundi.
They claimed that it was only after the intervention of villagers that police lodged a complaint at Karwar police station.
The doctors at government hospital, Lekhari, referred the rape victim in bleeding condition to district hospital, Bundi, despite knowing that adequate medical facilities are not available there, they alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO