Another voice against Raje in BJP
Jaipur: A Rajasthan BJP leader wants party president Rajnath Singh to review the appointment of former chief minister Vasundhara Raje as the state unit`s chief, in an indication of dissidence even five months after her elevation, party sources said Thursday.
The state unit`s former spokesperson and member of the BJP`s national economic forum Sunil Bhargava has written to national president Rajnath Singh accusing Raje of encouraging factionalism, the sources said.
Bhargava, in his recent letter, a copy of which has been accessed by IANS, termed Raje`s Suraj Sankalp Yatra -- an ongoing pre-election tour in Rajasthan promising good governance -- as an effort to divide the party.
The former member of the BJP`s national executive wrote that workers devoted to the party were feeling completely left out and confused about their role in the elections scheduled to take place in the state by the year-end, the sources said.
He requested Rajnath Singh to intervene to "save the party".
Earlier, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, the BJP`s ideological mentor, opposed Raje`s appointment, and Ghanshyam Tiwari, the BJP`s leading Brahmin leader, quit from a party post over her elevation in the party.
Raje was the chief minister of Rajasthan 2003-08.
"Failure to appoint a single organisational secretary in Rajasthan is a clear indication of Raje`s incapability. She is encouraging factionalism and running the show through a handful of leaders loyal to her," said Bhargava in his letter.
Bhargava said she remained out of the country, away from party affairs, for four years and returned only to enjoy being in power here, sources said.
"The party`s efforts to come to power in 2014 Lok Sabha elections will be realised only when it wins in the assembly elections. But in Rajasthan, it seems difficult for the party to win as the workers are in a state of confusion due to the way Raje is functioning," said Bhargava in his letter.
"The local office bearers have been sidelined and importance is being given to leaders from MP, Maharashtra and other states," he said
Raje was named the new chief of BJP`s state unit in February.
In an effort to placate senior leader Gulab Chand Kataria, who was at loggerheads with her, the party leadership appointed him leader of opposition.
"It is our internal matter and we hope to address the issue soon," said a BJP functionary, responding to Bhargava`s letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?