Bhanwari Devi case: CBI questions Congress MP
Jodhpur: Congress MP from Pali Badri Jakhar
was on Thursday questioned by the CBI in connection with the
Bhanwari Devi murder case.
Sources in the agency claimed Jakhar had been approached
by the slain nurse for taking up her matter with some top
politicians to build pressure for a settlement on Mahipal
Maderna, then a minister in Rajasthan who is one of the main
accused in the case.
Sister of prime accused and Congress MLA Malkhan Singh,
Indira Bishnoi, who is absconding, had also claimed that
Bhanwari had allegedly approached Jakhar to "settle a deal"
with Maderna who is behind bars in the case.
They said Jakhar, who came in the morning, was questioned
in detail about his meetings with Bhanwari Devi and the
demands she had kept before him.
He was also asked about the details of his meetings with
some top leaders in the state about the case and his relations
with Maderna and Malkhan Singh who are both under judicial
custody in the case.
CBI had claimed to have cracked the case last month with
the arrest of Bishna Ram and recovery of Bhanwari`s body parts
and belongings from the Indira Canal in Jodhpur.
The agency is on the look out for Indira Bishnoi, an
alleged co-conspirator and sister of Congress MLA Malkhan
Singh, agency sources said.
They said sacked Maderna and Singh were being blackmailed
by Bhanwari Devi who was allegedly having relations with them
and threatened to expose them which led to her killing.
According to the sources, Bhanwari had demanded Rs 50
lakh from Maderna with whom she was shown in a compromising
position in a CD.
She had also threatened Malkhan Singh that she would
disclose in public that he was the father of her youngest
daughter at a Bishnoi community fair on September 7.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed