BJP accuses Rajasthan of delaying water project
Jaipur: A day before UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi inaugurates the second phase of a water supply project at Jayal town in Nagaur, opposition BJP has accused the Ashok Gehlot-led government in Rajasthan of delaying the venture by over four years.
"The project of Nagaur lift water was sanctioned by the former BJP government to supply drinking water to 1,384 villages and 11 towns of fluoride affected district of Nagaur," BJP vice-president Satpal Malik said at a press conference in Jaipur.
"The former Raje government had released Rs 761 crore for the first phase, which has been completed, but the government changed in 2008 and the present government delayed execution of the second phase for four-and-a-half years," he alleged.
Gandhi would inaugurate the second phase of the Rs 2,938 crore project, supported by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), in Jayal town on Thursday.
After the completion of the project in targeted next four years, six towns and 890 villages of the district will get drinking water from the Indira Gandhi canal.
Malik also alleged that the state government did no remarkable work for welfare in four years and has now introduced various schemes in a hurry ahead of the polls to gain political mileage.
Leader of Opposition Gulabchand Kataria said that if voted to power, BJP will not stop the good schemes of the present government but their execution will be made transparent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya