BJP accuses Rajasthan of delaying water project
Jaipur: A day before UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi inaugurates the second phase of a water supply project at Jayal town in Nagaur, opposition BJP has accused the Ashok Gehlot-led government in Rajasthan of delaying the venture by over four years.
"The project of Nagaur lift water was sanctioned by the former BJP government to supply drinking water to 1,384 villages and 11 towns of fluoride affected district of Nagaur," BJP vice-president Satpal Malik said at a press conference in Jaipur.
"The former Raje government had released Rs 761 crore for the first phase, which has been completed, but the government changed in 2008 and the present government delayed execution of the second phase for four-and-a-half years," he alleged.
Gandhi would inaugurate the second phase of the Rs 2,938 crore project, supported by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), in Jayal town on Thursday.
After the completion of the project in targeted next four years, six towns and 890 villages of the district will get drinking water from the Indira Gandhi canal.
Malik also alleged that the state government did no remarkable work for welfare in four years and has now introduced various schemes in a hurry ahead of the polls to gain political mileage.
Leader of Opposition Gulabchand Kataria said that if voted to power, BJP will not stop the good schemes of the present government but their execution will be made transparent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative