Charges against Union minister: ACB records statement of RTI activist
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Anti Corruption Bureau has recorded the statement of an RTI activist who had filed a complaint against Union Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh for land grabbing in Alwar.
"The statement was recorded a couple of days back and other details have been sought from him to determine whether his complaint has the potential and a valid ground for going ahead," additional SP (ACB) Piyush Dixit told PTI today.
He said the ACB files a case after verifying facts of a complaint at initial stage and this case is also at preliminary level.
"The decision to lodge an FIR will be taken later after verification of the facts pertaining to the complaint," he said.
The RTI activist, Ashok Pathak, had alleged that Singh grabbed 7.8 bighas of land worth crores of rupees in Alwar, his Lok Sabha constituency and home town, by presenting wrong facts. The minister had, however, rejected the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city