Chargesheet filed within 72 hrs in rape case in Rajasthan
Bundi (Raj): Bundi police has filed a chargesheet within 72 hours in the rape case of a minor girl at Kaperan village in the district.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Keshoraipatan Suman Gupta, police said.
Police have already arrested the accused labourer Shyamsunder alias Brijnandan Meena.
The labourer had allegedly raped the 13-year-old victim multiple times at her residence in Lekhari police station area of the district but the matter came to light on January 4.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Priti Chandra said that following the paramedical student`s gangrape in Delhi, Bundi police had become the first in Rajasthan to have registered a case under the `Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012`.
The SP added that the investigation into the matter was undertaken with the "utmost urgency" enabling them to file the chargesheet within such a short time.
The rape victim was produced before the magistrate on January 5, who had then recorded her statement.
It is alleged that the accused, who was working as a marble worker at the victim`s residence, used to repeatedly administer sleeping drugs to the girl`s mother before raping the teenager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?