Chargesheet filed within 72 hrs in rape case in Rajasthan
Bundi (Raj): Bundi police has filed a chargesheet within 72 hours in the rape case of a minor girl at Kaperan village in the district.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Keshoraipatan Suman Gupta, police said.
Police have already arrested the accused labourer Shyamsunder alias Brijnandan Meena.
The labourer had allegedly raped the 13-year-old victim multiple times at her residence in Lekhari police station area of the district but the matter came to light on January 4.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Priti Chandra said that following the paramedical student`s gangrape in Delhi, Bundi police had become the first in Rajasthan to have registered a case under the `Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012`.
The SP added that the investigation into the matter was undertaken with the "utmost urgency" enabling them to file the chargesheet within such a short time.
The rape victim was produced before the magistrate on January 5, who had then recorded her statement.
It is alleged that the accused, who was working as a marble worker at the victim`s residence, used to repeatedly administer sleeping drugs to the girl`s mother before raping the teenager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH