Chargesheet filed within 72 hrs in rape case in Rajasthan
Bundi (Raj): Bundi police has filed a chargesheet within 72 hours in the rape case of a minor girl at Kaperan village in the district.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Keshoraipatan Suman Gupta, police said.
Police have already arrested the accused labourer Shyamsunder alias Brijnandan Meena.
The labourer had allegedly raped the 13-year-old victim multiple times at her residence in Lekhari police station area of the district but the matter came to light on January 4.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Priti Chandra said that following the paramedical student`s gangrape in Delhi, Bundi police had become the first in Rajasthan to have registered a case under the `Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012`.
The SP added that the investigation into the matter was undertaken with the "utmost urgency" enabling them to file the chargesheet within such a short time.
The rape victim was produced before the magistrate on January 5, who had then recorded her statement.
It is alleged that the accused, who was working as a marble worker at the victim`s residence, used to repeatedly administer sleeping drugs to the girl`s mother before raping the teenager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi