Complaint against Italian group for `dishonouring` tricolour
Jaipur: A man on Thursday lodged a police complaint against a flag wavers` group from Italy for allegedly insulting the national flag during its performance at city palace here.
Gyan Prakash Qamra alleged that group placed the tricolour along with other flags on the floor which amounts to the violation of Flag Code of India 2002.
"According to the code, the flag shall not be allowed to touch the ground or the floor but the group members did so which is an insult of the tricolour," Qamra said.
A group of wavers, `Storici Sbandieratori delle Contrade dei Cori`, from Italian town of Cori, performed the country`s ancient art and tradition of flag waving and flag march at city palace yesterday.
The group of flag wavers displayed whirling, swirling and tossing in the function organised by the city palace and the Italian Embassy.
SHO Manak Chowk police station said that the complaint was received by e-mail and was being examined.
"The matter is being examined and no case was registered so far," he said.
The organisers were not available for comments on this issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Horribly Sad! Single lightning strike kills 323 reindeers in Norway
- Retiring Tillakaratne Dilshan speaks on lack of support from teammates during his captaincy stint
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake