Complaint against Italian group for `dishonouring` tricolour
Jaipur: A man on Thursday lodged a police complaint against a flag wavers` group from Italy for allegedly insulting the national flag during its performance at city palace here.
Gyan Prakash Qamra alleged that group placed the tricolour along with other flags on the floor which amounts to the violation of Flag Code of India 2002.
"According to the code, the flag shall not be allowed to touch the ground or the floor but the group members did so which is an insult of the tricolour," Qamra said.
A group of wavers, `Storici Sbandieratori delle Contrade dei Cori`, from Italian town of Cori, performed the country`s ancient art and tradition of flag waving and flag march at city palace yesterday.
The group of flag wavers displayed whirling, swirling and tossing in the function organised by the city palace and the Italian Embassy.
SHO Manak Chowk police station said that the complaint was received by e-mail and was being examined.
"The matter is being examined and no case was registered so far," he said.
The organisers were not available for comments on this issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you