Complaint against Italian group for `dishonouring` tricolour
Jaipur: A man on Thursday lodged a police complaint against a flag wavers` group from Italy for allegedly insulting the national flag during its performance at city palace here.
Gyan Prakash Qamra alleged that group placed the tricolour along with other flags on the floor which amounts to the violation of Flag Code of India 2002.
"According to the code, the flag shall not be allowed to touch the ground or the floor but the group members did so which is an insult of the tricolour," Qamra said.
A group of wavers, `Storici Sbandieratori delle Contrade dei Cori`, from Italian town of Cori, performed the country`s ancient art and tradition of flag waving and flag march at city palace yesterday.
The group of flag wavers displayed whirling, swirling and tossing in the function organised by the city palace and the Italian Embassy.
SHO Manak Chowk police station said that the complaint was received by e-mail and was being examined.
"The matter is being examined and no case was registered so far," he said.
The organisers were not available for comments on this issue.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Apple will not be selling used iPhones in India
- Book auto rides on Jugnoo via Facebook messenger through these easy steps
- Find out: What Sunrisers Hyderabad's Yuvraj Singh is doing before his first IPL 9 game
- Sleeping trouble? Now, sleep like a baby with Banana tea!
- Pakistan is raising a security force to protect Chinese nationals