Cong MLA booked for obstructing govt servant from work
Jaipur: An FIR was lodged on Sunday against a Congress MLA for allegedly obstructing a government servant from discharging his duty in Jaisalmer, police said here.
Saleh Mohammed, the legislator from Pokaran constituency, had thrashed police constable Pappu Ram Meena when he was on an operation to nab some tourism touts from Maharashtra in May this year, said Superintendent of Police Pankaj Choudhary.
Meena had lodged a complaint in this connection on the very day, but after no progress was made, he made a fresh complaint yesterday following which the MLA was booked, Chowdhury said.
Further probes into the case are on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees