Cong MLA booked for obstructing govt servant from work
Jaipur: An FIR was lodged on Sunday against a Congress MLA for allegedly obstructing a government servant from discharging his duty in Jaisalmer, police said here.
Saleh Mohammed, the legislator from Pokaran constituency, had thrashed police constable Pappu Ram Meena when he was on an operation to nab some tourism touts from Maharashtra in May this year, said Superintendent of Police Pankaj Choudhary.
Meena had lodged a complaint in this connection on the very day, but after no progress was made, he made a fresh complaint yesterday following which the MLA was booked, Chowdhury said.
Further probes into the case are on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back