Cong MLA booked for obstructing govt servant from work
Jaipur: An FIR was lodged on Sunday against a Congress MLA for allegedly obstructing a government servant from discharging his duty in Jaisalmer, police said here.
Saleh Mohammed, the legislator from Pokaran constituency, had thrashed police constable Pappu Ram Meena when he was on an operation to nab some tourism touts from Maharashtra in May this year, said Superintendent of Police Pankaj Choudhary.
Meena had lodged a complaint in this connection on the very day, but after no progress was made, he made a fresh complaint yesterday following which the MLA was booked, Chowdhury said.
Further probes into the case are on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened